Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I hire a professional?
Professional dog sitters are just what the description implies – professional. While having friends, family, or neighbors care for your dog may seem like a logical choice, Legal Beagle Dog Sitting, LLC does this for a living and has the necessary experience to care for your dogs and respond appropriately to emergencies. It is our highest priority that your dogs are well cared for. We are bonded, insured, and belong to Pet Sitters International. This means that you can trust us to act responsibly when we enter your home. Since this is our job you can count on us to be there for you. But most importantly, you can count on us to be there for your dogs.
What are the advantages for my dog?
- Reduced Stress – Your dog stays in its own familiar secure environment where all the sights, smells and sounds say “Home!”
- Diet and Exercise – Customary diet and exercise routines are followed, with no interruption to upset your dog.
- No “Travel Trauma” – Travel in a vehicle to boarding facility or kennel may upset your dog.
- Health Concerns – With a dog sitter there is minimal exposure to illnesses of other animals.
- TLC – Most importantly, your dog receives love and personal attention while you are away.
What are the advantages for me?
- Travel – You won’t be inconvenienced or upset by transporting your dogs.
- No Imposition – You don’t have to impose on a friend, neighbor or relative to care for your dogs, but instead rely on a dog care professional who will put you dog’s needs first.
- Security – Your home is made more secure by the natural crime deterrent of having someone coming to your home periodically.
- Peace of Mind – While you’re away, you can feel confident your dog is in capable, caring hands.
- Special Services – Our dog sitters can provide additional home services while caring for your pet, such as bringing in the mail and newspaper.
- Save Time – You won’t have to worry about making arrangements to drop off and pick up your dog from a kennel.
- Welcome Home Greeting! – The best benefits of using a Legal Beagle Dog Sitting, LLC, is having your happy and well cared for dogs at home to greet you when you walk through the door after a long trip!
When is it not appropriate to hire a dog sitter?
There are some cases where dog sitting may not be the best alternative for your dog. Here are some examples.
- Most dog sitters are able to give your dog basic oral medication, and many can administer insulin injections and give Subcutaneous fluids as well. If your dog is in failing health, or requires more intensive care, we would suggest boarding your dog at your vet’s office, which can provide 24 hour care.
- If your dog is aggressive, or doesn’t react well to visitors or strangers entering your house, it would be best to board your dog.
- If your dog gets very destructive in your absence, or suffers from severe separation anxiety, he or she may be better off at a boarding kennel around other dogs and people.
Are you bonded and insured?
Yes! Legal Beagle Dog Sitting, LLC is fully Bonded and Insured.
Do you board animals at your home?
We are sorry but unfortunately Legal Beagle Dog Sitting, LLC does not not provide home boarding services.
How far in advance do I need to reserve for services?
If you are a new client, the earlier you contact us, the better. We must schedule an initial consultation before we start services, so contacting us at least two weeks in advance is preferred.
If you are a current client, a week in advance is typically enough time. However if you need services for a holiday, please call, email, or request service on our website as soon as you know you are leaving. Holidays book quickly so please book early!
My friend/relative can do certain visits while I'm away. Do you "job share"?
We are sorry, but unfortunately we cannot share dog sitting responsibilities with another party for liability reasons.
Do you administer medication to pets?
We will administer veterinarian prescribed medication – pills, drops, and injections are at no additional charge. We will not administer medication to any dog that poses a danger to any of our staff.
How do you choose your staff?
Our foremost priority is the safety and security of our clients, their dogs, and their property. Our staff undergo an extensive screening process before they are hired, including several interviews, reference checks and felony background history checks. Shortly after hiring, all employees are required to complete a Pet First Aid class given by a licensed veterinarian or the American Red Cross.
Can I call my sitter to make schedule changes?
All reservations or changes to reservations must be made either through the office at (602) 684-6458 or via our website contact form if time allows. Please do not contact your sitter directly. They cannot make or change reservations. Additionally, you will not be covered by our insurance if you are not on our schedule.
Will I have the same sitter each time?
While we prefer to keep the same sitter assigned to your account each time, for many reasons that individual may not be available. A fully trained and informed substitute from our staff will always be available for back up to your regular dog sitter.
What if my property or pet is damaged/hurt while I am away?
Legal Beagle Dog Sitting, LLC, agrees to provide the services stated in our service agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. Legal Beagle Dog Sitting, LLC is only liable for claims arising from negligence or willful misconduct. Due to the unpredictability of dog behavior we cannot accept responsibility for unusual mishaps (i.e. – biting, furniture damage, other dogs, etc). Also, if your dogs have access to the outside, we are not responsible for injury, disappearance, or fines.
Do you offer a referral discount?
Absolutely. The best compliment Legal Beagle Dog Sitting, LLC can receive is for you to refer your friends and family to us. As a thank you we provide a $10 credit on your statement for each client that signs up for our services and mentions you by name.
Do you have references?
Yes, Legal Beagle Dog Sitting, LLC has references that are available upon request.
How can I provide feedback to Legal Beagle Dog Sitting, LLC?
We always welcome your feedback. Please use the Contact page on our web site to tell us about your experience. Please select “Yes” for the question, “Is this feedback only?” to bypass non-applicable form fields. Thank you!
Contact Your New Favorite Dog Sitter Today!
Shoot us an email anytime to discuss your needs and what we can do for you.
Contact Your New Favorite Dog Sitter Today!
Give us a call anytime to discuss your needs and what we can do for you.